Somehow Harrisburg got voted one of America's most romantic cities. Since I went to college a stone's throw away I find that hard to believe. I mostly think of the city by crowded clubs on first street and delicious burritos and awful roads with terrible parking and a couple of good vintage shops...it never seemed the least bit romantic to me. The only spot I can see deserving of such a label is the paths by the river--in summer they're gorgeous. You can walk beneath the arching bridges and watch the sun set, or find a bench or grassy knoll and enjoy a picnic (as I witnessed firsthand shortly before taking these pictures). It wasn't a romantic evening for me, but it was a lovely brief jaunt followed by a diner visit--which is always a good way to close an evening. I'm still wondering how Harrisburg got voted as so romantic...
All The Old Romantic Legends
Somehow Harrisburg got voted one of America's most romantic cities. Since I went to college a stone's throw away I find that hard to believe. I mostly think of the city by crowded clubs on first street and delicious burritos and awful roads with terrible parking and a couple of good vintage shops...it never seemed the least bit romantic to me. The only spot I can see deserving of such a label is the paths by the river--in summer they're gorgeous. You can walk beneath the arching bridges and watch the sun set, or find a bench or grassy knoll and enjoy a picnic (as I witnessed firsthand shortly before taking these pictures). It wasn't a romantic evening for me, but it was a lovely brief jaunt followed by a diner visit--which is always a good way to close an evening. I'm still wondering how Harrisburg got voted as so romantic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment